Interested in political and social issues? Want to try your hand at academic writing but not sure how to begin?
The annual essay competition organised by the Cambridge University Hong Kong and China Affairs Society (CUHKCAS) is a great opportunity to do just that. It is highly encouraged that students consider a wide range of examples and disciplines, such as but not limited to anthropology and politics.
This year, the event is generously sponsored by St. John’s College, Cambridge. Details as follows:
✅ For HK Permanent residents in secondary school during the 2020/21 academic year, either in HK or abroad
Essay titles (choose one):
(1) ‘Where there is power, there is resistance.' To what extent do you agree with this statement?
(2) What makes people work?
Cash 💸 -
Winner: 2000 HKD
Runner up: 1000 HKD
2nd runner up: 500 HKD
Honors (5 awardees): 300 HKD
Articles to be judged and commented on by a professor at St John’s College
Winning articles to be published in Our Time
Awardees invited to an award ceremony with Cambridge professors attending
- Send to: email@example.com
- Deadline: 23:59:59 17th July, 2021
- No more than 2,000 words (excluding citations and bibliography)
- Include in email (NOT document): full English name; name of school and year of study; email address; contact number
- Format: PDF, Times New Roman Font, size 12, double line spacing
For more details, please check our award booklet
Best of luck!